Attending SC13? The IBTA will be teaming up once again with the OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) to participate in a number of conference activities. The organizations will be exhibiting together at booth #4132 – stop by for access to:
- Hands-on computing cluster demonstrations
- IBTA cable compliance demonstration
- IBTA & OFA member company exhibition map and SC13 news
- Current and prospective member information
- Information regarding OFA’s 2014 User Day and Developer Workshop
IBTA and OFA will also lead the discussion on the future of I/O architectures for improved application performance and efficiency during several technical sessions:
- “RDMA: Scaling the I/O Architecture for Future Applications,” an IBTA-moderated session, will discuss what new approaches to I/O architecture could be used to meet Exascale requirements. The session will be moderated by IBTA’s Bill Boas and will feature a discussion between top users of RDMA. The panel session will take place on Wednesday, November 20 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in room 301/302/303.
- “Accelerating Improvements in HPC Application I/O Performance and Efficiency,” an OFA Emerging Technologies exhibit, will present to attendees ideas on how incorporating a new framework of I/O APIs may increase performance and efficiency for applications. This Emerging Technologies exhibit will take place at booth #3547. The OFA will also be giving a short talk on this subject in the Emerging Technologies theatre at booth #3947 on Tuesday, November 19 at 2:50 p.m.
- OFA member company representatives will further develop ideas discussed in its Emerging Technologies exhibit during the Birds of a Feather (BoF) session entitled, “Discussing an I/O Framework to Accelerate Improvements in Application I/O Performance.” Moderators Paul Grun of Cray and Sean Hefty of Intel will lead the discussion on how developers and end-users can enhance and further encourage the growth of open source I/O software.