Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, Mar 30, 2010
InfiniBand® Trade Association Announces Dates for 17th Biannual Compliance and Interoperability Plugfest: April 26-30, 2010
Results from 16th Plugfest Now Available Online; Latest Version of the IBTA Integrators’ List Published
DURHAM, N.H. – March 30, 2010 – The InfiniBand® Trade Association (IBTA), a global organization dedicated to maintaining and furthering the InfiniBand™ specification, today announced dates for its 17th Biannual Compliance and Interoperability Plugfest. Testing will take place from April 26-30, 2010 and will be hosted at the University of New Hampshire’s Interoperability Lab (www.iol.unh.edu), which includes more than 32,000 square feet of lab space. The IBTA also announced that results from the 16th Plugfest are now available online and have been published in the latest version of the IBTA Integrators’ List at www.infinibandta.org/integratorslist.
IBTA Plugfests provide an opportunity for InfiniBand device and cable vendors to test their products for compliance with the InfiniBand architecture specification, as well as interoperability with other InfiniBand products. The April Plugfest will include new testing procedures, including:
- New Mandatory Memory Map Testing which will include verification of all IBTA Mandatory fields in the EEPROM of all QSFP and CXP cables (more information available on IBTA members-only site)
- Cable Interoperability will now use MPI to strenuously test link integrity under load
- Device vendors will be using EEPROM attenuation values to tune their transceivers which will provide improved interoperable equalization
- The IBTA ElectroMechanical Working Group has completed an extensive review of the data from Plugfest 16 and has released updates to the cable specification to be used in Plugfest 17
Plugfest registration is free for IBTA members; non-members need to pay a special fee. More information is available on the IBTA website at: www.infinibandta.org/events.
Latest Version of the IBTA Integrators’ List Published
The IBTA Integrators’ List is a compilation of all products that have been tested and accepted by the IBTA as being compliant with the InfiniBand architecture specification. The latest version of the list has been published on the IBTA Web site and contains 179 QDR-certified cables, 9 host channel adapters, 3 switches, 3 range extenders, 1 SRP target and 1 gateway device.
Vendors recently adding products to the IBTA Integrators’ List include:
- InfiniBand Device Vendors: Bay Microsystems, Flextronics, LSI Logic, Mellanox, Obsidian Research and QLogic
- InfiniBand Cable Vendors: Amphenol, Cinch, FCI, Finisar, Hitachi, Intersil, Luxtera, Mellanox, Molex, Tyco, Volex, W.L. Gore and Zarlink
Following Plugfest: OpenFabrics Alliance’s 9th Interoperability Event
Following the IBTA Plugfest, the OpenFabrics Alliance will be conducting their 9th Interoperability event from May 3-7, 2010. This session will focus on industry-wide interoperability using the OpenFabrics Alliance Software Stack. This event requires separate eligibility, cost and registration. For more information, please visit: www.openfabrics.org.
About the InfiniBand® Trade Association
The InfiniBand® Trade Association was founded in 1999 and is chartered with maintaining and furthering the InfiniBand specification. The IBTA is led by a distinguished steering committee that includes IBM, Intel, Mellanox, Oracle, QLogic, System Fabric Works and Voltaire. Other members of the IBTA represent leading enterprise IT vendors who are actively contributing to the advancement of the InfiniBand specification. The IBTA actively markets and promotes InfiniBand from an industry perspective through online, marketing and public relations engagements, and unites the industry through IBTA-sponsored technical events and resources. For more information on the IBTA, visit www.infinibandta.org.
InfiniBand (TM/SM) is a trademark and service mark of the InfiniBand Trade Association. Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.