InfiniBand® Trade Association
The InfiniBand Trade Association was founded in 1999 and is chartered with maintaining and furthering the InfiniBand™ specification. The IBTA is led by a distinguished steering committee that includes HP, IBM, Intel, Mellanox, Oracle, QLogic and System Fabric Works. Other members of the IBTA represent leading enterprise IT vendors who are actively contributing to the advancement of the InfiniBand specification.
Members of the IBTA represent more than 40 of the leading enterprise IT vendors who are actively contributing to the advancement of the InfiniBand™ specification.
The benefits of IBTA membership include:
- The InfiniBand architecture specifications, design and programming guideline documents
- IBTA-sponsored Compliance and Interoperability Plugfests and workshops
- Meeting minutes and notices of proposed and actual changes to IBTA-controlled documents
- Members-only area of the IBTA web site
- The maintenance of the InfiniBand Roadmap, which defines future speeds and lane widths for InfiniBand-based technologies
- IBTA events and tradeshows where the IBTA exhibits including the Supercomputing conference in November (sponsorship fees may apply)
- IBTA speaking and demo opportunities, as well as signage and other promotional materials
- Influence and contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the InfiniBand architecture specifications
- Add approved products to the IBTA Integrators’ List, which provides a centralized listing of products that have passed a suite of compliance and interoperability testing
- Post InfiniBand-related whitepapers, webinars, podcasts and press releases on the IBTA Web site
- Submit and obtain access to information regarding licensing policies posted by member patent holders on specific InfiniBand architecture specifications
- Network with the world’s foremost developers of InfiniBand hardware and software
How to become a Member
Companies wishing to join the InfiniBand Trade Association should complete the application and membership agreement and return with the annual membership dues ($9,500USD) to the InfiniBand Trade Association office. Upon receipt of payment and the necessary documents mentioned above, the membership application process will be initiated. We accept checks and wire transfers only as payment. If you prefer to wire the funds to our account, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Membership Agreement (32k PDF) - Submit 2 executed originals of this agreement, along with a completed application (below) to begin the application process.
- Membership Application (39k PDF) - Complete this short form and submit with 2 executed originals of the Membership Agreement (above).
- Bylaws (80k PDF) - InfiniBand Trade Association bylaws for the Oregon, nonprofit, mutual benefit corporation.
- Antitrust Guidelines (10k PDF) - InfiniBand Trade Association antitrust guidelines.
Visit the Membership Roster for a listing of Steering, Sponsoring Member Companies, and Member Companies of the InfiniBand Trade Association.
Consideration of requests for addition as a Sponsoring Member will be given by the Steering Committee on a quarterly basis. If your company is interested in becoming a Sponsor Member of the IBTA contact email@example.com for additional information.
From time to time the InfiniBand Trade Association Steering Committee may consider allowing certain government or university participants limited access to draft Specification materials and other specific non-public documents of the IBTA under the Participant Program. Participants are NOT full Members of the IBTA. Criteria, Application, and Agreement for Participant Association with the InfiniBand Trade Association.
- IBTA Participant Criteria (READ THIS FIRST- 12k PDF)
- IBTA Participant Agreement (28k PDF)
- IBTA Participant Application (36k PDF)